Dated 14 August 2013
This Financial Services Guide (“FSG”) is published by:
YieldReport Pty Ltd ABN: 81 163 481 678.
AFSL: Authorised representative of 230846, TAG Asset Consulting Group Pty Ltd.
Level 3, 155 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. Ph: +61 3 99396248
This FSG is to inform you of the financial services provided by us and to comply with our obligations as the authorised representative (“YieldReport”, “we”, “us” or “our”) of Australian Financial Services Licence No 230846 (TAG Asset Consulting Group Pty Ltd).
This FSG is provided to help you decide whether or not to use our services and also to explain:
- Who we are
- The financial services we provide
- The type of advice we give and our responsibilities in providing this to you
- Our complaints procedures
- How we may use your private data
- What you may pay for the financial services
- How to contact us
This FSG is general in nature so if you have any specific queries please contact us at the above address.
What is it?
YieldReport operates a subscription based newsletter and website. It provides general financial advice only that is not specific to any particular personal circumstances.
Who will provide the services?
YieldReport Pty Ltd (ABN 81 163 481 678) will publish the newsletter and website.
How do we get paid?
YieldReport is a free newsletter and information service where subscribers receive a regular newsletter and access to the yieldreport.com.au website. YieldReport does not manage money nor does it recommend products.
YieldReport may receive income from the following sources:
- Advertising or sponsor link placement on YieldReport’s website or newsletter – This is predominantly from businesses seeking to market their products to our subscribers, which is independent of any of the editorial content. There may be occasions where a business will sponsor specific content on the site however this only provides factual information and does not offer advice in relation to dealing with this business nor make any recommendations in relation to the company’s products. YieldReport may receive a fee from the advertiser or sponsor for display of an advertisement, logo or link on the YieldReport website and/or if YieldReport’s website and newsletter users visit or transact on the advertiser’s website via that advertisement, logo or link.
- Referral fees in respect of the referral from time to time of website and newsletter users (at their request) to service providers and financial product providers, including in relation to some products listed on the website or newsletter.
How we deal with potential conflicts?
Members of our editorial team and guest contributors give their own opinions about the topics they write and YieldReport has procedures to mitigate the risk of conflicts of interest. We do not undertake commissioned research. All our research is undertaken on an objective basis. All YieldReport representatives must disclose any holdings of financial products or securities as well as any relationships including employment relationships which they may have which may influence their decisions about an investment. While they are not prohibited from commenting on financial products in which they have an interest, such interests are recorded and appropriately disclosed in our publications. YieldReport will also appropriately disclose any related commercial dealings or employment relationships where applicable. YieldReport is a privately owned company registered in Victoria.
If you have a complaint, how it will be dealt with?
If you wish to make a complaint, the CEO of YieldReport can be contacted on 03 9939 6248 or by email email@example.com or at YieldReport, Level 3, 155 Queen Street Melbourne VIC 3000. All complaints are reviewed and investigated by the CEO. If you make a complaint, our first response will be to contact you to discuss the complaint and to register a formal record of such complaint. We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly and fairly as possible. If, despite our best efforts, you believe your complaint has not been satisfactorily dealt with, you are entitled to refer the matter to an independent complaint handling body, namely the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
You can contact FOS at:
Financial Ombudsman Service
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
Toll Free: 1300 780 808
Facsimile: (03) 9613 6399
You may also wish to contact ASIC to discuss your complaint and/ or your concerns. You can contact ASIC on its freecall Infoline 1300 300 630.